Monday, October 12, 2009

With all the Force of a Great Typhoon!

More pictures of Japan!

From the Yabusame trip:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2020088&id=1230390045&l=e7e5b19b1f

From my mini adventure with my friend Cat:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2020137&id=1230390045&l=93ef55fb67

-----

Yeah, so we had a typhoon the other day. I was coming back home late on Wednesday evening and it felt like a monsoon - not that I've ever experienced a monsoon, but it was raining incredibly hard! And then through the night, the wind came. The next morning, you could here things being tossed around outside. Including my screen door which happened to fall off. Fortunately, it didn't go anywhere but it was so loud!

My friends and I were intent on not going to school but the day started to clear up. So, by the time we left the dorm around 10:30 in the morning, it was a bright and sunny day, with blue skies and big puffy clouds! Sure, the clouds were practically racing across the sky from all the wind that was trying desperately to blow us over but it turned out to be a very nice day.

That's the same night I went to a Thai restaurant with some of my friends. It was absolutely delicious and pretty authentic, as my Thai friend was very pleased by the end of the evening :)

I think it's funny that even though I had no intention to come to Aoyama Gakuin University originally (my top three choices of schools for study abroad were Keio University, Rikkyo University and Kobe University...in case I didn't tell you this before) but the study abroad committee picked this school for me. And I absolutely love it here! I love the people and friends I've made, both Japanese and international/other American students. I love that my school is in Shibuya, which has tons of things to see and do and just a great place to explore. Everything is working out so well.

p.s. (if you caught the reference in the title, you're a winner ^__^ )

3 comments:

  1. i get the title :D
    (Actually, I didn't really see the title until you added the post script, then i scrolled back up and was like "HEY I KNOW THAT LAWLZ")

    it sounds like you're having an awesome time!! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey gorgeous,
    OK so I talked to your Mom and she sent me the link. It's in my favorites now, so I can keep up. Gee- technology can sometime be a little intimidating.
    Anyway I'm praying about this spirit of jealousy or maybe envy that came over me when I read ALL of your blogs tonight. What an adventure. It takes a person with boldness to go to the other side of the world, live and thrive. I miss you, love you, and bless you. I don't know how much I can write, so I'll get off before it catches me in the middle of a thought and ends. Is there anyway to send you stuff over there? OK now I'm rambling. Too much pressure. Got to go. XOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Talia!!! I can't believe you've been in Japan for over a month now!! Rarrr!!

    Despite crazy epic typoons, it's sounds like you're having so much fun! I'm so happy for you! Keep writing about your adventures!


    Carrie


    P.S. I did get the reference of the title! My friend Matthew and I were blasting it on his stereo when we were driving to Bethesda. And then we were singing it on the streets too XD

    ReplyDelete

Followers