Saturday, October 31, 2009

I Chose You!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2021650&id=1230390045&l=7d04beda4e

Pictures of my Halloween activities....which was actually done on October 30th for reasons I never found out but didn't really care.

----

Getting to Yoyogi Park was harder than it should have been as there was another suicide-caused delay on the trains. Although I can't read what the sign boards are saying but when all the text is orange and red in an ominous way, I know what it means. It's very very very discomforting. A lot of people have reduced it to "another loser jumped in front of the train again."

I wish people were more respectful.

But anyway, the trains were incredibly slow due to this and my friends and I were stuck waiting about 20 minutes per stop before moving forward. We started talking with a woman on the train who has been an English teacher in Japan for the last 13 years and she was able to help us get on to the train that would get us to Shibuya. She made a slight error though, so we ended up doing a lot of train hopping, as I would call it. We made it there eventually and the rest of the evening went smoothly.

So yes. I was a Pikachu. Everywhere I went, people would either do the following:

A) Try to stealthily take pictures with their cellphones of me and my friends (who were also wearing costumes) but their cover was blown by the fact that it makes the shutter sound. FAIL.

B) Actually ask to take my picture - this Japanese girl came up to me and asked me in English if she could and of course, I didn't mind. I sort of asked for it really.

C) Stare (as usual) but this time, trying hard not to but just doing it anyway.

D) Say, "Oh! Pikachu!" to which I didn't really know what to respond. I would just sort of wave and smile at them and fortunately, they did the same thing back to me with great enthusiasm.

E) Talk about me as if I couldn't hear them to only have me turn around and wave at them. Once they got over the surprise of me hearing them, they were nice enough to wave and smile back.

A couple of business men came up to my group of friends and asked us "trick or treat!" We had no candy and they were very disappointed but at least very amused with our costumes.

It was a good night.

I'm going to a concert tomorrow for Abingdon Boys School, Do as Infinity, and HIGH and MIGHTY COLOR (the first one is one of my favorite Japanese bands, the other two I like enough and have some of their music). By myself. It'll be an adventure. Just like every day.

1 comment:

  1. HIGH and MIGHTY COLOR!! Awesome. have wicked fun!!

    Andra

    ReplyDelete

Followers