Friday, September 25, 2009

Not So Angsty Talia is Not So Angsty

Pictures!
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2017965&id=1230390045&l=fe935f12ae

-----

Okay, so, first day of class...not as awful as I imagined it. I got into the class I was worried I wouldn't be able to get into - it's called Performance Studies in the catalog, but the teacher calls it "Acting Social Justice". Oh, another thing, this class is taught in English. The teacher is incredibly enthusiastic and friendly, so that's a huge plus. Because the school year at AGU actually starts in April, and I'm now starting in the second semester, I've missed the first half of the course. But apparently, they talked about the issues surrounding racism, ableism, and sexism. And not only discuss them but also some roleplay is involved and they learned theater techniques. We started out yesterday talking about heterosexualism, and other sexual orientation related matters. I think it's going to be a class I will enjoy. I'm sorry if my description doesn't make much sense - I'm a little unsure of exactly how we're doing things too but I'll find out soon!

However, there is also Nihongaku or Japanology that I have to take - all taught in Japanese. That's going to take some getting used to - I can't even summarize what I think he talked about, it'd be too disjointed and confusing.

So yeah. I won't be looking forward to that one as much...or maybe I will in time. We'll see.

Today, I'm finally getting a bank account! W00t!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers