Monday, September 7, 2009

I Love Technology

I'm leaving in just a few days and the fact that I will be in Japan for a year, starting on Friday, is a bit overwhelming. I keep saying my last "see you laters" (because saying "goodbye" seems far too depressing) to friends and family and it gets harder every time. As happy as I am about the experience that awaits me, I still cry and wish I wasn't leaving the people I love.

Waiting for the 10th to come reminds me of how I feel before I go on stage for anything. That stage fright feeling. Butterflies in my stomach, my heart is racing, my palms sweat. But once I get out there, I start to calm down and everything goes smoothly.

I'm sort of hoping that will happen once I get on the plane...or at least, get into the country.

And while I'll miss people here in America, I know it won't be so bad, thanks to the internet! I'm grateful for services like Skype, which allow me make free (video) calls with people who also have Skype. I'm still connected to home. :)

Granny, my mom's mother who lives with me, got her first look at Skype a few days ago. I went to another part of the house and we talked for a few moments, explaining the concept to her. She's 86 years old. All she can say is, "what will they think of next?" and laughs.

In other news, I've finally finished packing! 0__0 Oy vey!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers