Monday, May 24, 2010

A Little Token of Tokyo

This is a brief and awkward experience I had on the train with Elizabeth today.

Now, we were sitting on the train coming home from Shibuya back to Eda. We were just talking and giggling, as usual and at some point during the ride, there was a particular salary man standing across from us. He twists his head around to look at Elizabeth and I, probably noticing us because we were speaking English. After he turned his head back around, a few seconds later, he picks up his bag from the overhead rack, walks over to us, and puts his bag on the overhead rack above us.

And proceeded to stare intently, without a word.

Elizabeth and I noticed. It was very uncomfortable (and funny, in a "this shouldn't be happening!" sort of way). Our nervous laughter was uncontainable. Elizabeth asked whether she should look, and after I quickly looked up to notice he hadn't averted his eys and awkwardly made eye contact with him, I suggested it would be best not to.

The fact that he blatantly stared at us is one thing. I'm not saying I'm used to outright staring, but I've gotten used to laughing it off. But to move from one perfectly good spot, to in front of us so he could have a "better look" is what bothers me the most. So creepy! We weren't even wearing anything revealing.

I hope I never see him again.

But on a lighter note, here's my album of silly things I find in Japan:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30688634&l=ee9618d64d&id=1230390045

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers