Friday, October 14, 2011

Just a Snippet

There's nothing quite like coming to one of your elementary schools and finding a box of weird looking fruit on your desk. In Japanese, they're called akebi. In scientific terms, it's called akebia quinata. To me, they might as well be called fat-and-gray-speckled-grub-looking-fruit. The teacher next to me told me to try some. I just kept looking at them, trying to determine if I could see them as a little less unappealing. I proved unsuccessful.




She asked me whether I thought they looked gross - I guess she could see it on my face. I countered her question by saying I had merely never seen them before. I asked her what kind of flavor they had and she said they were sweet. And for my information, I wasn't supposed to eat the seeds - just spit them out.


In the end, I never got around to eating the things.


Has anyone eaten these before? Can anyone tell me whether I missed the chance to gorge on deliciousness or whether I saved myself from disaster?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers