Friday, January 29, 2010

I Love You Langenscheidt

(Recent) Pictures Pictures Pictures!

My time with Midori and Ben :D
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2027095&id=1230390045&l=d6749b940e

The following are just more pictures of random times in Japan.
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2024618&id=1230390045&l=bf2794838a

----

So, I'm almost done with school. Things haven't changed in terms of my "I'll-do-this-at-the-last-minute" practice. It's not something I'm proud of, but neither is it habit I've been able to effectively break...as of yet. I'm currently writing a paper (in Japanese) about my Mobile Culture class' group project about a cellphone website. The obvious disadvantage of attending a class in which the language is too advanced is that you don't know what the teacher is saying....

Depending on fellow students to translate the things covered in class is not a comfortable way to get by, considering that they are not perfect in their Japanese either. Lesson learned. I hate depending on people so much because my level is not where I'd like it to be right now. Things like this make me wonder whether I'll take another class all in Japanese like this again. I know the "correct" answer is to take the challenging route. I have a few months to consider.

But fortunately, these friends still come through and have helped me figure out where I need to go with this paper. It has to be two pages, single space - I haven't written anything in single space since probably middle school. Seeing a paper crammed in single space with Japanese is headache inducing. I'm ganbaru-ing as hard as I can, but I don't believe two pages will be achieved. I figure he'll have mercy on me - he's a really cool guy, as far as my friends tell me and from what I've been able to deduce myself.

I only get excited about this paper when I see how much I've written. It's satisfying to know I can convey ideas. I've been using every resource - notes and handouts from Japanese class, online translators (to get rough ideas, I know they're aren't perfect in the slightest), my Japanese dictionary on my Nintendo DS and my Langenscheidt Pocket Dictionary I got some many Christmases ago. All these things are saving my life right now!

As the school semester is ending, exchange students are starting to leave/have already left. It's sad. But we will soon have a new crop of fresh faced foreigners! :)

Because students are leaving, they have tons of things they want to give and/or sell. I'll be buying a refrigerator from my friend who is going back home to Canada. It's more exciting than it should be - it means I can make my own breakfast sometimes when I can't be bothered to wake up at 7:00 am to get it from the dorm ladies.

----


I blame living in the country of Pokemon's origin for this sudden and intense regression to my childhood days. Cat and Elizabeth have recently purchased the HeartGold and SoulSilver editions of the games. I think I will have to purchase HeartGold before I come home (for good - I'm still working my way through LeafGreen....leveling up my team for the Elite Four! I have guaranteed thrills for the ride home and back!)

This last segment was for my nerdy friends who I love dearly and am glad we can be children together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers